What is Call Tracking?
Call tracking is a business practice that leverages technology to measure consumers’ behavior before and during phone calls. This provides data that can drive smart decisions for marketing and sales.
Convirza’s call tracking software precisely measures consumers’ behavior. This is accomplished by identifying which marketing and sales efforts generate the best quality and highest volume of phone calls. Call tracking also uncovers which advertising efforts do not produce results.
Call tracking helps your business get more phone calls by identifying the most effective marketing and sales efforts. It also helps drive more sales. Call tracking is essential for any business that relies on phone calls and wants to increase call volume and revenue.
How Does Call Tracking Work?
Call tracking software incorporates unique tracking phone numbers. These tracking numbers are assigned to individual customer engagement points. Then when a potential customer calls from one of the engagement points, the inbound call is automatically associated with that specific marketing source. Anytime a person dials a tracking number, the call runs through the software system. The software is also able to record the conversation. Thus sources that drive the most phone calls and best leads are deemed to be the most effective. Tracking numbers are used for digital and traditional advertising and can even link to individual website visitors.
Call Tracking Benefits:
Many businesses still purchase advertising based on tradition or on gut instincts. This approach is random and wasteful. Today, Convirza’s call tracking software delivers real data. Businesses can use these data to make smart decisions that save money and grow revenue. Additionally, these insights are usable within minutes and requires no special equipment.
Call tracking metrics provide actionable insights and feedback that’s impossible to undercover any other way.
Clearly Attribute Marketing Efforts to Results
Call tracking metrics allow you to see plainly how well each marketing channel and individual ad generates new leads and business. Some ads may be a waste. Others may surprise you. It’s essential for businesses to know how individual marketing and sales efforts perform. With call tracking you precisely attribute phone calls, leads and sales to specific marketing efforts.
Boost Return On Investment
Gone are the days of routine ad plans or ‘intuitive,’ aka ‘guess’ marketing. With Convirza’s call tracking metrics you can now continuously make data driven adjustments to your ad and sales messaging. Or you can completely discard ads and ad sources that produce a low return on investment (ROI) based on the same call tracking data. This then allows you to shift budget from those ineffective ad sources to those that are proven to drive the highest ROI.
Finally with your improved marketing efficiency, you’ll save money, which means you can reinvest in more marketing. You may even reallocate marketing dollars to other business needs. Call tracking literally pays for itself.
Amplify Marketing and Sales Conversion Rates
A phone call is usually near the end of the consumer buying process. People want to speak with a human when they make buying decisions. So tracking and analyzing calls is key to your marketing and sales effectiveness.
Call tracking can be integrated with most marketing and sales platforms that you’re likely already using. This kind of integration provides a complete view of each visitor, prospect, and customer. Call data tracked by Convirza can be integrated into Google Analytics, DoubleClick, Salesforce, and other software solutions that you use. These capabilities ensure a seamless marketing process and improved sales productivity.
Drive More Sales
Call tracking is also key to driving more phone sales. According to BIA/Kelsey research on small to medium businesses, “66% of SMBs consider phone calls the most valuable form of incoming leads.”
As you leverage call tracking to optimize your advertising spend, you can buy more of the advertising that works best. This allows you to effectively acquire more targeted phone calls, i.e. more targeted leads. And therefore, everything else being equal, your sales will increase accordingly.
Are you tracking your most important leads?
Who Needs Call Tracking?
Convirza empowers thousands of companies with the technology they need to make better decisions that save money while growing revenue. Examples of businesses that entrust Convirza include:
- Advertising and Marketing Agencies (Marketing Agency Call Tracking Case Study
Also See the Call Tracking Guide for Agencies for agency-specific tips.)
- Auto Dealership & Service Businesses (Automotive Company Call Tracking Case Study)
- Call and Contact Centers
- Financial Services
- Healthcare Services (Dental Practice Call Tracking Case Study)
- Industrial Equipment Companies (Industrial Equipment Company Call Tracking Case Study)
- Home Services & Home Improvement
- Real Estate (Real Estate Company Call Tracking Case Study)
- Travel & Hospitality (Hospitality Company Call Tracking Case Study)
What Types of Call Tracking are Available?
Convirza offers a complete solution that encompasses every call tracking approach available.
- Basic Single Static Number call tracking (also called 1:1, “one to one,” call tracking)
- Dynamic Call Tracking or Dynamic Number Insertion (DNI) consists of three types:
- URL-based call tracking
- Source-level call tracking
- Session website call tracking, aka visitor call tracking or session DNI
What Sales and Marketing Should You Track?
Convirza is ideal for tracking all online and offline marketing intended to drive phone calls.
- Digital Sales and Marketing
- PPC/AdWords call tracking (including BingAds, Yahoo!, etc.)
- SEO call tracking (all organic traffic including Google, Yahoo!, Bing, etc.)
- Social media call tracking (Google+, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, etc.)
- Email call tracking
- Website call tracking
- Traditional Advertising
- Print call tracking (newspaper, magazine, mailers, etc.)
- TV and radio call tracking
- Billboard call tracking
What Call Tracking Metrics Do You Need?
Convirza provides a comprehensive solution that delivers essential call metrics.
- Total number of calls you received
- Call Recordings
- Caller ID
- Caller Information
- Marketing channel, source, or keyword
- Lead Quality
- Webpage the caller first viewed on to your website
- Webpage the caller last viewed before leaving your website
- Much more…
Beyond Call Tracking – Convirza Takes it to the Next Level
Beyond call tracking software, Convirza offers the most advanced call analysis services in the industry.
The roots of Convirza’s call tracking software took hold over 16 years ago. It’s evolved quickly into the sophisticated SaaS solution it is today. Since call tracking is core to the business, Convirza has taken the next evolutionary step to go beyond just delivering pre-call insights. Convirza delivers in-call insights and post-call actions and integrations. Go beyond simply tracking calls:
True Call Analysis – The Conversation Analytics® solution
- Automated call scoring
- Automated lead, conversion, and appointment flagging
- Automated sales training scores
Call Tracking Integrations – Connect with the platforms you already use
- Analytics platforms – Google Analytics
- Media or bid management platforms – Google AdWords, DoubleClick, Marin, etc.
- Tag Management – Google Tag Manager, Tealium, Ensighten, etc.
- Custom Integrations – Full API, Webhooks, Data feed capabilities
Call Action Automation – Automate triggers and alerts based on calls and call analysis
- Missed Call Notifications or Triggers
- Missed Opportunity Notifications or Triggers (A Convirza Original)
- Lead Quality Notifications or Triggers
- Appointment Set Notifications or Triggers
- Conversion Notifications or Triggers
Ready to Start Tracking Calls Today?
See Convirza’s Call Tracking Pricing, or Sign-up Here for Convirza’s Standard Call Tracking Package.
If you need more information, Contact Convirza Now to Get a Free Custom Demo.