This has truly been the year of mobile.
I know that’s been the word for the last three or four years but the incredible shift toward mobile search and advertising has been crazy this year.
BIA/Kelsey recently released a Local Media Forecast, which highlights mobile projections spanning through 2020.
Here are some of the most noteworthy points:
– U.S. mobile ad revenues will grow from $23 billion this year to $62 billion by 2020
– The fastest growing mobile ad format is native social.
– Most of the mobile advertising revenue growth is associated with Google (50% of mobile market share) and Facebook (76% of ad revenues attributed to mobile).
– U.S. location-targeted mobile ad revenues are projected to grow from $8.5 billion last year to $26.7 billion in 2020.
– Most mobile usage happens in-app.
These mobile projections include display, search, SMS, video and native social.
So what is the best way to take advantage of the growing mobile advertising opportunities?
Well to start, you can check out our latest eBook: 12 Things You Need to Know To Maximize Your PPC Campaigns In A Mobile-First World