How Does Google Call Tracking Compare to Convirza?
2 min read
Phone calls are exceptionally valuable leads.
Last year, Google showed us how much they value calls by venturing into the call tracking industry.
They announced the launch of their basic call tracking solution for AdWords, which they refer to as “Website Call Conversions.” This service is available for free to AdWords marketers and allows Google to take credit for phone call conversions.
We welcomed the announcement of this new addition to the AdWords platform, and since that time, our company has received hundreds of questions about Google call tracking. One of the most recent questions came in from a Convirza prospect:
“Now that Google offers keyword level DNI style website call tracking, why would anyone use a service offered by a company such as Convirza?”
The reality is many reasons exist.
Google’s forwarding numbers work decently.
They are sufficient for very basic, small campaigns and advertisers only using Google AdWords, but the technology and capabilities are inferior and basic compared to our session (soon to be visitor) level Dynamic Number Insertion (DNI) technology.
Here are some major deficiencies in the Google Website Call Conversions feature:
1) Google call tracking only follows Google AdWords traffic
2) Lacks call details (no caller IDs, no caller info, such as name, address, etc.)
3) No call recording capabilities
4) No IVR routing capabilities
5) No Geo-routing capabilities
6) No scheduled routing capabilities
7) No custom voice prompt/IVR greeting capabilities
8) No whisper messaging capabilities
9) No email notification capabilities
10) No 3rd party integration capabilities
11) Only one phone number can be changed per page (if you have unique sales number and service number on a page, Google cannot track both)
12) Google call tracking numbers (forwarding numbers) that get displayed on your site are only temporarily yours
13) Tracking numbers are much more likely to receive trash calls because the numbers are shared between multiple advertisers
14) Does not work correctly for tracking multiple websites with one AdWords account
15) No webhook trigger capabilities
16) Does not track/determine what actually happened on phone calls
Convirza is a full call management solution. Here are some highlights.
Convirza can track all sources of traffic or user-defined specific sources of traffic (think: BingAds, Yahoo, Organic, Email, Facebook, LinkedIn, Affiliate, Display network, and more).
Convirza has integrations with various 3rd party platforms such as:
Convirza offers flexible IVR routing capabilities.
Convirza offers flexible 3rd party integration tools such as Webhooks and a REST-based API.
Convirza offers Conversation Analytics® services, which is a one of a kind, market-leading insight product that tells you not only that you received a call but tells you exactly what happened on every phone call.
Call tracking is good.
Originally published on Published on Aug 6, 2015. Updated on Oct. 26, 2018.