There are several reasons for this, but let’s start with some background on human call scoring.
Human call scoring requires actual humans to listen to phone calls and score each call. The calls are evaluated by manually filling out scorecards with set criteria. These scorecards can be pretty lengthy and measure a variety of factors to evaluate sales performance.
The information collected through human call scoring can be extremely useful. However, it also presents several problems when compared to Conversation Analytics:
1. Cost: The expense of paying individual people to score calls adds up very quickly. Conversation Analytics is SIGNIFICANTLY less expensive than call scoring.
2. Questionable Accuracy: When humans are scoring several calls every hour there are bound to be mistakes. Conversation Analytics provides consistent precision.
3. Biased Results: The ability to analyze calls objectively is not always possible with humans. With Conversation Analytics data will not be skewed by opinions and feelings.
4. Scalability: Humans are only able to score so many phone calls over the course of a day. Conversation Analytics doesn’t quit and maintains the same level of effectiveness over time.
5. Objectives: With call scoring, very specific elements regarding sales performance are being evaluated on phone calls. Conversation Analytics tells you what happened on the call by extracting comprehensive data.
With the use of sophisticated speech recognition technology and natural speech algorithms, Conversation Analytics is able to analyze phone calls without human assistance. This drives down cost and the phone calls are simply processed through the Convirza Conversation Analytics tool and extracted data is available in real time.
Conversation Analytics® technology provides data on critical high-level metrics that can be used for a variety of purposes.
This can include assessing the sales performance of employees, evaluating lead quality and marketing campaigns as well as overall business performance. Rather than measuring 20 or 30 different criteria about sales performance, Conversation Analytics® technology analyzes phone calls to generate more than 45 different metrics.