Geo routing makes it possible to direct incoming phone calls to specific sites based on the location of the caller.
This is ideal for businesses with multiple locations that are interested in using one form of advertising and having calls automatically routed to the closest site to the caller. The location of the caller is determined by area code or zip code and the call is then routed to the nearest area.
Both choices offer advantages and selection varies based on business needs:
– Zip Code Routing requires callers to manually enter their zip so that the call can then be routed to the closest location. This can be beneficial because zip codes are typically associated with more defined geographic areas.
– Area Code Routing automatically detects the area code AND prefix of a phone number, which eliminates the need for manual action from the caller. This type of routing works in Canada whereas zip code routing does not.
Once a call is placed, the nearest site is identified using the geo-coded latitude and longitude of the location’s address. If there is no location assigned to the radius in question the call is then forwarded to the default number.
Geo routing streamlines the process of connecting your customers to your business and offers several key features:
– User definable search radius
– Automatic location geo-coding
– Caller support for both mobile and landlines
– Text-to-speech translator for location addresses
– Pound (#) dialing option to automatically route to default phone number
– Option for default phone number if no location is identified within the search radius
This application employs advanced geo-coding of both zip codes and locations to produce exceptionally accurate results while reducing the number of interactions required from the caller.