Marketers look at more graphs and charts than statisticians.
They look at more dashboards than truck drivers.
In the last 15 years, marketing has transformed from a creativity-centric craft into a data-driven business. Modern marketing is a game of measuring ROI. Marketers measure everything they do. The measurements need to be applicable, simple to understand and easy to manage.
Marketers don’t seek metrics simply to see results. They seek metrics because they want to know what to change and what to optimize.
Google Analytics didn’t invent marketing and web analytics, but they certainly did popularize it. There are competitors to Google Analytics, very good competitors in fact, but Google Analytics is more accessible to the masses.
This tool is the standard by which all other marketing metrics tools are measured. Here are eight of the many reasons we love Google Analytics:
1) It is Google and for the vast majority of use-cases, it is free. You can’t beat Google and you can’t beat free.
2) The most in-depth, yet simple dashboard on the market. No other online analytics platform approaches it.
3) Set goals for specific landing pages, conversions, campaigns—anything and everything.
4) Because Google also controls/owns/dominates the PPC and search worlds, Google Analytics includes data on keywords, Adwords and other metrics not found in other tools
5) New mobile devices metrics feature patterns and specific devices used.
6) New User Interface – Prior to upgrading their UI, the only potential knock on Google Analytics was its plain, ‘Googleish,’ interface. But the new interface looks sharper, smarter and behaves more intuitively.
7) Google Analytics can measure everything you want: standard web traffic, search results, on-site trends, PPC results, goals, conversions, landing pages, referring sites…EVERYTHING
8) The other great thing about Google Analytics is the ease with which call tracking data can be pushed into it.
Join Our Conversation
Connect with us on your favorite platform to learn more about how Convirza is helping thousands of companies solve their most challenging sales and marketing needs.